Sights

Municipality:
“Black Kitchen” near St. Barbara Church

The renewed sexton house is to be found near the St. Barbara Church. Once sextons resided there, but today it houses an ethnological museum. It was built in the 16th century, which we may assume from the “black kitchen” and the fact that there was still no construction date inscribed in the wooden beam in the “hijša”. As is typical for houses of the time, it...
read more »

\"100 FRANKOLOVO VICTIMS\" MUSEUM – THE FRANKOLOVO CRIME

The "100 Frankolovo Victims" Museum was established in honour of an event from World War II, when 100 Slovenian patriots were hung in Graben na Stranicah. The cruel crime against Slovenian patriots, committed on February 12th 1945 in Graben na Stranicah, is considered to be one of the worst Nazi crimes of World War II. The hanging was executed to avenge the death of a...
read more »

Anica Černej

Anica was born on 3 April 1900 in Čadram and comes from the teacher family of Ludvik Černej. Her father was a culture worker, an educator and a composer of school books: A Reader for Second Class, the Third Reader. He was a writer and poet for youth as well as a beekeeping expert. Anica Černej received the highest grade for her degree in pedagogy with pedology, in psychology and in...
read more »

Beškovnik’s Granary

Beškovnik’s granary is part of a homestead in the Šentvid settlement, some 7 km from Vitanje, on the slope of a hill with the picturesque Church of St. Vid. A roman cemetery also lies nearby with a catholic shrine under it. The early 19th century homestead consists of a plastered wooden house, a farmer’s retirement home, an outhouse and a granary, which is made of...
read more »

Branko Rudolf

Branko Rudolf , Slovenian essayist, philosopher, critic, pedagogue, poet and writer, was born in Slovenske Konjice on 31 October 1904. Most of Rudolf’s poems, essays and critiques were published in the post-war period. He published work in the Ljubljanski zvon, Mladi Prekmurec, Modra ptica, Obzorja and Sodobnost publications. As an essayist, cultural and literary historian and...
read more »

BRINJEVA GORA

Brinjeva gora is one of the oldest high-altitude settlements. It existed as far back as the early Stone Age and outlived many lower lying settlements. Archaeological excavations in the 1960's discovered numerous antique findings, which indicate that a vibrant community was present here three to five thousand years BC. An exhibition of the Brinjeva gora excavations is currently held in...
read more »

Buci’s Mill

Buci’s mill from 1914 lies in the southern part of the Dobrava settlement, next to the Mlinščica stream. Dravinja and its affluent streams from Pohorje have relatively stable water levels. This favourable characteristic has long been used by men. They placed mills, saws, forges and water wheels next to streams. Buci’s mill is built as a 2-storey solid construction...
read more »

Charterhouse Žiče

Through the Village of Žiče and then the valley of the Holy John the Baptist, the path leads us to the mysterious Charterhouse Žiče. In this remote and narrow valley, the former owner of this estate, the Margrave of Styria Ottokar III, in around 1155, set out to establish a residence for monks from the Great Charterhouse in France. They arrived in 1160 and began building most of the...
read more »

Chislakite Deposits

In Cezlak above Oplotnica, there is magmatic rock and plutonic rock called tonalite, which is mined in the local quarry. Just next to the quarry, we find Chislakite (green plutonic rock), the only deposit of which is here in Cezlak. Chislakite is a somewhat less durable rock than tonalite and deposits of better quality have not been found. It is a magmatic rock from pale green augite, dark...
read more »

CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST AT ROGLA

The church at Rogla (altitude: 1517 metres) was blessed in 2010. Part of the St. Kunigunde parish, it is one of the few examples of companies investing into sacral objects. It was built according to the design of architect Vera Klepej Turnšek on a property donated by the Pikl family. After more than ten years, the plans to build a church at Rogla had finally been realized and the...
read more »

Church of St. John the Baptist

The initial church reaches as far back as the early Gothic or perhaps even the 12th century. The oldest written record is from 1487. In 1731, the chapel of the Mother of God was added to the old church in Čadram. In 1762, the Čadram Parish was founded. The church was brought down in 1937, because it was in a poor state. With the money from selling the material of the old church, an 8m long...
read more »

Church of St. Nicholas

It is considered a precious monument of our cultural heritage. Its origin dates back to the first half of the 14th century. Its interior design deserves special attention, especially the fresco of the Three Wise Men and the wooden pulpit. A painting of Oljska Gora from 1495 is also well known. It is one of the most important preserved paintings from the early Gothic period. Up to the...
read more »

1 2 3 4 5
Elektronski časopis
Subscribe to newsletter
unsubscribe

Permission to keep me informed of any updates, special offers and events at the above e-mail address.

Map Map Check out all locations on map
Info
LTO Rogla - Zreče, GIZ
Cesta na Roglo 11j, 3214 Zreče, SLO, Tel: + 386 (0) 3 759 04 70, E-mail: tic.zrece.lto@siol.net
RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube - conect with us
Zreče Oplotnica Vitanje Slovenske Konice